GUWAHATI: The Assam government during its weekly cabinet meeting took several key decisions for the development of the state. The government announced to extend ex-gratia from Rs20 lakh to Rs 50 lakh to the next of kin of Army/CAPF personnel martyred in line of duty during counter-insurgency operation, anti-left wing extremism operation, disaster management, fight against State’s enemy, etc., within and outside Assam.
They further announced to provide similar assistance of Rs 50 lakh to be extended in case of police personnel, Home Guards and VDP volunteers.
Some of the other key decisions taken by the state government was regarding Mission Basundhara, amendment of excise rules, Adarsh Vidyalayas, state civilian awards, ex gratia for martyrs, APDCL project.
Go Ahead to Mission Basundhara
The government also announced to relax Rule 126 (levying mutation fees) and 174 (levying mutation fees) under ALRR 1886 to be relaxed during implementation of Mission.
No premium for annual patta (AP) to periodic patta (PP) in rural areas.
New legislation to be brought in next Assembly session for assured land parcels
Survey architecture to be total revamped
All Circle to have assistant Director Survey and Survey teams
25,00 Mandal posts to be created and vacant posts to be filled expeditiously
The state government announced 9 services under Mission Basundhara portal:
• Mutation by right of inheritance
• Mutation after deed registration
• Partition for undisputed cases
• AP to PP conversion
• Reclassification of land
• Striking names of persons who are no longer in possession
• Allotment certificates to PP
• Legacy data updation
• Mobile number update of Pattadar
Estimated total expenditure: Rs 209.84 cr
Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi Award for National Integration and National Contribution to be given by Vice President of India during his proposed visit to Assam on October 3, 2021
Names of highest state civilian awards to be changed as follows:
• Assam Ratna to Asom Baibhav
• Assam Vibhusan to Asom Saurav
• Assam Bhusan and Assam Shree to Asom Gaurav
Rs 3284-cr APDCL project to tackle low voltage problem
• 2,674 new nigh voltage transformers to be installed
• Around 7000 km new 33kv and 11kv lines to be constructed
• 196 new 33kv substations will be constructed
• 1.80 lakh new prepaid smart meters will be installed
Ex Gratia for Matryrs
• Extension of ex gratia from Rs 20 lakh to Rs 50 lakh to the next of kin of Army/CAPF personnel martyred in line of duty during counter-insurgency operation, anti-left wing extremism operation, disaster management, fight against State’s enemy, etc., within and outside Assam
• Under similar circumstances, same assistance of Rs 50 lakh to be extended in case of police personnel, Home Guards and VDP volunteers
Manpower Boost in Agriculture
Program Officers, Account Officers a. Experts to be employed to assist District Agricultural Officers in implementing schemes of Agriculture and Horticulture departments at district level.
Amended Assam Excise Rules
Electronic devices to be installed to minimise leakage of Govt revenue at manufacturing and distilling levels
Transit Pass system will be introduced to stop smuggling of liquor
Retail sale limit for IMFL and Country Liquor increased from 9 to 18 Bulk Litre and that of rectified
• License fee and excise duty of County Spirit relaxed in order to discourage consumption of Sulai
• Applicatlon fee, license fee and security deposit for Country Spirit reduced by half
• Excise duty on Country Spirit lowered from 70% to 60% of assessed value