GUWAHATI: The Assam government announced Assam Baibhav, Assam Saurav and Assam Gaurav Award, 2021.
During a press conference, The Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the name of the awardee.
CM Sarma informed that the Assam Baibhav award will be worth Rs. 5 lakh, the Assam Saurav award will be worth Rs. 4 lakh, and the Assam Gaurav award will be for Rs. 3 lakh. He went on to say that 19 people would be honoured each year in these three main categories, with the award ceremony taking place every year on December 2, but this year on January 24, 2022.
CM Himanta Biswa Sarma further stated that starting next year, a vote procedure will be used to propose the honoree. Through this platform, anyone may vote online.
The full list of the award is:
Assam Baibhav Award
* Ratan Tata
Assam Saurav Award
* Professor Kamalendu Deb Krori- Educationist
* Dr. Lakhsmanan S- Public Service
* Professor Dipak Chand Jain- Business Management
* Lovlina Borgohain- Sports
* Neel Pawan Baruah- Art & Culture
Assam Gaurav Award
* Munindra Nath Ngatey- Public Service & Vaccination
* Dr. Basanta Hazarika- Health & COVID Management
* Akash Jyoti Gogoi- Poultry Farming
* Manoj Kr. Basumatary- Piggery Farming
* Khorsing Terang- Sports & Mountaineering
* Boby Hazarika- Woman Entrepreneur
* Hemoprabha Chutia- Weaving
* Namita Kalita- Health & Public Service
* Bornita Momin- Public Service
* Dharanidhar Boro- Wildlife Conservation
* Kaushik Baruah- Agro Exporter & Entrepreneur
* Kalpana Boro- Public Service
* Asif Iqbal- Health & Medicine