GUWAHATI: The mortal remains of Former Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has reached his official residence at the Ministers’ colony in Dispur. From the ministers’ colony, he will be taken to the Rukminigaon Church on the G.S Road.
After completion of a prayer service at the Rukminigaon church, the procession will be held from under the Ganeshguri Bridge towards B. Borooah Road and Zoo Road.
Mr. Gogoi’s body will be taken to the Zoo Road Namghar and then the funeral procession will continue on Chandmari and GNB road.
The procession will then proceed for prayers at the Burra Masjid in Ambari.
The next stop would be Shukleshwar Temple via MG Road and then visit Ugratara Temple in Uzan Bazar and lastly take his mortal remains to Navagraha Shamshan.
The Deputy Commissioner of Police on Wednesday evening issued traffic guidelines to be followed for the smooth functioning of traffic movement in Guwahati today during the funeral procession of Tarun Gogoi to Silpukhuri’s Navagraha.
- The Byelane from Chenikuthi from Latasil side emerges in front of Kali Mandir will be blocked.
- The road from Nabagraha Mandir that comes towards the cemetery will be blocked.
- Road blockade incoming from Chandmari P.S. side at Bhupen Hazarika House point – only outgoing allowed from Nabagraha side.
- Block from GNB road side the Karnachal road Byelane – only outgoing from Nabagraha side (adjacent to Kali Mandir).
- Regulate traffic at TC point – try to divert vehicles from Lamb road side towards Dr.B.Borooah Road.
- Regulate traffic at Chandmari point – divert vehicles coming from Noonmati side towards Zoo road side.
Enforcement of strict no parking on the following roads:
• GNB road – from Guwahati club upto Tribune off- (both side).
• Nabagraha road – from Silpukhuri up to beyond cemetery.
• Karnashal road – from Nabagraha road turning up to Bhupen Hazarika house point.
• Engineering Field, Chandmari
• All pilot/escort vehicles of protected persons coming to the funeral will be cut at the Silpukhuri-Nabagraha road junction and they should proceed to the AEI field, Chandmari for parking, or to the Guwahati Club Rotary.
• Persons coming to attend the funeral will have to park their vehicles at the AEI field, Chandmari, and then proceed to the Crematorium.
Assam Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday visited Navagraha crematorium to inspect the area ahead of the funeral of the former chief minister.
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.