GUWAHATI: The Assam government has put restrictions on all district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts for 15 days with effect from 5 AM of May 21, 2021 (Friday) or until further orders in view of surhe in COVID-19 cases.
Though there are some exemption to this order. They are as followed —
- Movement of goods and persons including frontline workers in connection with COVID-19 related duties on production of valid documents.
- Movement of Officials and persons, both government and private involved in emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air/Railways/Buses) including all services/activities that are essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public incidental transport (such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS. ICD etc.). Disaster Management and related services, IMD,CWC, Water Resources Department, PHE, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid Identity card.
- Movement of Judicial officers officials of courts of Assam on production of valid Identity card.
- Movement of pregnant women and patients for getting medical /health services.
- Movement of persons coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTS allowed to travel on production of valid ticket.
- Movement of Officers/officials related to functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on production of valid identity card.
- Movement of Electronic, print Media and Government servants handling media issues on production of valid Identity card.
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state movement of passengers and transportation of essential / non-essential goods. No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
- Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing
following essential services/commodities shall be allowed:
- Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, medicines and medical equipments.
- Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs.
III. Telecommunications, Internet services, Broadcasting and Cable services, IT and IT enabled services.
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce.
- Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
VII. Cold storage and warehousing services.
VIII. Private security services.
- Manufacturing units of essential commodities.
- Production units or services, which require continuous process.
- Movement of persons who are going for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Movement of all the officials/persons entrusted with election related works either by Government authorities or by private enterprises or by the authorities of any political party or contesting candidate on production of a valid Identity card/ engagement letter / appointment order / work order.
- Movement of all the employees / persons involved in operations related to forestry under the Environment & Forest department on production of valid Identity card.
- Movement to supply and maintenance of agricultural implements.
- Movement related to essential items supply from and to FCI establishments.
- Transportation of all medical personnel, nurses, paramedical staff, other hospital support services;
- Movement of Air traffic, Railway passenger and goods trains shall continue to operate.
- Movement of Government / semi government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and senior executives in Non-Government sector along with their key support staff for emergency and essential works.
- Movement in connection with maintaining supply chain of medicines.
- Movement of goods shall continue uninterrupted.
- Movement related to medical, last rite emergencies or any other movement with written permission from the jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner of originating district.
All the other orders issued earlier will remain in force.
Support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism: