A 55-year-old man was electrocuted at Bhatirkupa Part II locality in Hailakandi, Assam in the wee hours here on Sunday.
The person identified as Rofiqueuddin Mazarbhuiya, 55, died instantly when he stepped over a snapped live wire with his barefoot while he was going for the morning azan at a nearby mosque.
District Project Officer, District Disaster Management Authority, Rupjoy Maibangsa disclosed that on receipt of information he along with field officer, patwari, APDCL, local police, and others arrived at the site of the incident.
The police brought the body to the SK Roy Civil Hospital, Assam, for postmortem and later handed over the same to the members of the bereaved family.
The Hailakandi Sadar Police Station has registered a case of accidental death following the electrocution.
In view of the incident, the DDMA has urged the people to inform the DEOC control room number in advance if they notice any vulnerable points so that appropriate measures can be taken to avert such incidents.
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible.
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.