Assam: Undertaking of at least single dose of vaccination to be given with permission applications during Durga Puja
DIBRUGARH: The Deputy Commissioner, Dibrugarh, today during a meeting with all the representatives of the Durga Puja committees of the districts stated that Undertaking of at least single dose vaccination will be given with permission application.
It was also stated in the meeting that the administration will do random checking, If found violation in vaccination guidelines, the administration will cancel the permission.
The DC also directed all puja committees to follow the SOP issued by the state government for the ensuing Durga Puja. The following instructions were also given to all the Puja Committees of the district :
1. Puja timing till 8pm.
2. No mela, no fair allowed.
3. No cultural nights allowed
4. Volunteer list to be submitted to local police station.
5. All volunteers and persons associated with puja will have to undergo mandatory Covid testing on Panchami day.
6. People should be encouraged to bring flowers etc at their own.
7. Low profile inauguration and immersion. No immersion will be allowed after sunset (4:30pm). The remaining puja committee after sunset will be allowed on next day.
8. Max gathering allowed at the puja area 50. Special permission with justified reason has to be taken for max 200 gathering.
9. Posters and signage with various guidelines should be displayed by puja committees.
Signage like : “Minimum single dose people will be allowed to visit the puja”…
10. Permission to be taken from DC office with NOC from Fire, venue, APDCL, police reports and other documents.
Puja pandals should be properly sanitized. If required help from DMB/PHE can be sought on payment basis.
11. Fire extinguisher, CCTV mandatory.
12. Dry day on Navami and Dashami days likely to be declared.
13. Any form of nuisance will not be allowed during emersion. Police will take strict action.
14. Puja Committees are requested to use environment- friendly and biodegradable items.
15. If required fresh instructions may be issued depending upon covid situation.
The meeting held at the DC’s conference hall in the presence of Shwetank Mishra, SP, Dibrugarh, DDC Partha Pratim Boiragi, ADC Biswajit Phukan, Circle Officer, Dibrugarh (east), Jharna Patgitri Executive Officer, DMB Shrabana Sonowal, Asstt Commissioner Jyotikona Chetia and representatives from various departments.
Support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism: