Subscribe
We deliver the northeast

Female elephant dies of electrocution in Assam’s Golaghat

GOLAGHAT: A female lactating elephant believed to be around 18 years old died of electrocution in Golaghat district of Assam today.

The elephant got electrocuted at around 4 AM today at Dholagaon Pathar in Golaghat.

There were visible signs of electrocution-induced burns.

ALSO READ: Price of matchbox to increase after 14 years

“An electric post of 11KV line was found tilted near the carcass. Perhaps it got tilted due to brushing of the body in the post. Electric lines were hanging from 6 ft height,” said a forest official who rushed to the place of occurrence after getting the information from local people.

Support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism:

Support us

Download InsideNE App

Follow us on Facebook

 

 

Leave A Reply