The Gauhati University has recently released Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for final semester exams which are scheduled from September 22.
The official statement issued by the Controller of Examinations on Saturday announced that due to the outbreak of coronavirus, certain procedures have been developed and will have to be followed for conducting different examinations for the varsity and its affiliated Colleges and Institutes. The notification has been published with the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
While intermediate semester students will be promoted on the basis of internal assessment marks, final semester undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) semester students will be evaluated using a 50-50 formula — 50% marks from offline exams and the remaining 50% from internal assessments.
“Final semester examinations will be conducted in blended mode maintaining COVID-19 protocol and the relevant SOP published by the UGC for the purpose,” an official statement read.
The question papers for the final semester examinations will cover the whole syllabus but the students will be required to attempt questions for 50% marks only. The remaining 50% marks will be calculated on the basis of internal assessment, Gauhati University informed.
The university further informed that for the intermediate semester students who submitted their examination forms before last date, internal assessment marks, and theory marks in the earlier semesters subject will be considered for evaluation.
Here is the full statement:
- Promotion of intermediate semester students will be considered on the basis of Internal Assessment marks and theory marks in the earlier semesters subject to the fact that they have completed the online submissions of examination forms.
- Final semester examinations will be conducted in blended mode maintaining COVID-19 protocol and the relevant SOP published by the UGC for the purpose. (Blended Mode: Assessment for 50% marks offline examination and remaining 50% as mentioned in point 4 below).
- The question papers(s) for offline examinations will cover the whole syllabus, but the students need to attempt questions for 50% marks only.
- The remaining 50% marks will be calculated on the basis of Internal Assessment.
- The Heads of respective Academic Departments, G.U. are requested to finalise the mode of action in relation to dissertation in consultation will Controller of Examinations, Gauhati University.
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.