DUBAI: The ‘Mumbai Indians’ have won the IPL for the 5th time. With the victory of the Indians, the 13th season of the Indian Premier League came to an end yesterday.
The final of the 2020 season of the IPL was played between four-time winners Mumbai Indians and first-time challengers Delhi Capitals on Tuesday at the Dubai International Stadium.
Rohit Sharma scored an effortless half-century that helped Mumbai Indians defeat Delhi Capitals by five wickets in the Indian Premier League final on Tuesday to secure their fifth title.
Chasing 157 runs for the title, Mumbai Indians had a comfortable chase with Rohit and Suryakumar Yadav standing firm in the middle making them the winners for the 5th time.
Mumbai Indians’ IPL titles are below:
• In 2013 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs in final
• In 2015 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs in final
• In 2017 – Mumbai Indians beat Rising Pune Supergiants by 1 run in final
• In 2019 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 1 run in final
• In 2020 – Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals by five wickets in final
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.