Five more active case has been detected in Meghalaya. The case is the 20th case of the state so far. Out of the 5 cases, all the cases had travel history. The active cases are 7.
Taking stock of the situation, Meghalaya CM Conrad Sangma said, “Five more people who came recently from Delhi-Haryana have been tested positive for COVID19”.
An important aspect of the cases is that they are asymptomatic. The Meghalaya CM tweeted according to the situation
As such the state government has ramped up testing and other austerity measures.
- Registration of all returnees from outside the state is mandatory through the Corona Web App.
- All returnees will have to undergo temperature screening, Rapid Test Kit and RT PCR if they have come from High Risk Areas outside the state. Various Screening points have been setup across the State. Districts also have been empowered to handle entrants in case of need.
- For those whose transportation is arranged by State, they are kept at quarantine facilities until the results arrive. After receiving test reports the negative cases are advised home quarantined for a period of 14 days with a provision of a home quarantine diary containing instructions which they are to strictly follow and update on a daily basis. A self reporting diary is developed
- Home visits are being conducted by the districts surveillance units along with Community COVID Management teams
- If they develop symptoms they are to contact the district helpline number or 108.
- The positive cases are either kept at quarantine centers or shifted to COVID Hospitals.Contact tracing of positive cases is carried out by the district surveillance units if anyone turns positive and sample collection of high risk cases for RT-PCR is done at the earliest to avoid any transmission
The state of Nagaland has also geared up. The government of Nagaland Office of the Deputy Commissioner Tuensang released an order that stated in view of detection of one positive case of COVID-19 among the returnees from Kohima, quarantined at Sao Chang College Quarantine Centre, the entire Campus of Sao Chang College Quarantine Centre is hereby declared as Containment Zone as defined in the Standard Operating Procedure issued the Directorate of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Nagaland with immediate effect.
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible.
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.