Nagaland: Houses gutted, saw mill partially burnt in multiple fire incidents in Dimapur
DIMAPUR: In multiple firs incident that took place in Dimapur last night as many as two houses were gutted by and a Saw Mill along with one house were partially burnt.
Kenny Khing, the R. O (E) F&ES informed that a fire call was received around 12:36 am from Kacharigaon, Industrial Estate colony, Dimapur.
Following the call Fire and a team of emergency aervices from fire station Dimapur (West) rushed to the spot and proceeded to control the fire and fire tenders, and fire personnel along with sufficient equipment pressed into action.
Property worth Rs. 2 lakh approximately was reduced to ashes in the inferno and a Saw Mill along with one house was partially burnt in the inferno, however, due to timely information and response, the fire was brought under control and prevented from further spread.
The cause of fire is suspected to be from electrical short circuit.
However, no casualty have been reported.
RO Khing informed, another fire call was received around 2.16 pm from near Bethel Baptist School, 4th Mile, Dimapur.
Accordingly, a tram of fire and emergency services team from fire station, Chümoukedima proceeded to tame the fire and fire tenders and fire personnel along with sufficient equipment pressed into action.
Support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism: