Subscribe
We deliver the northeast

NCB summons Shah Rukh Khan’s driver in connection to cruise drug case

MUMBAI: The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) today summoned the driver of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in connection to the Mumbai cruise drug bust case.

NCB DDG Gyneshawar Singh said so far, 18 people have been arrested in connection to the case. Additionally, six follow up seizures have been done since the arrests earlier this week.

Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Nawab Malik on Thursday lashed out at the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) alleging collusion between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the agency in the Aryan Khan drug case.

In the press conference the leader said that that the cruise drug bust which led to the arrest of Aryan Khan, the son of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan seems like a fake case. “The pictures as evidence released by the NCB in the Aryan Khan case were taken from NCB Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede’s office.

These pictures were not from the spot and this shows that there was no seizure on the cruise. It seems a fake case for publicity,” Malik said.

ALSO READ: At least 100 killed in suicide blast at a Afghanistan mosque

A day after NCP leader Nawab Malik alleged that the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) raid on the luxury cruise liner last week was “fake,” NCB Mumbai Director Sameer Wankhede on Thursday said “all action has been taken within the ambit of law.”

Sameer Wankhede said that the seizure memos (panchnamas) were drawn as per the provisions established by the law.
Sameer said, “We have already held a press conference, yet let us tell you that we have given 9 names who did the panchnama as witnesses in the case. All action has been taken within the ambit of the law.”

Eight people, including the son of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan Khan, were arrested last Sunday after the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) raided a cruise ship off the coast of Mumbai. Many twists and turns have taken place in the case since then, from Aryan Khan being denied bail on Friday to Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik alleging that the NCB raids were fake and a set-up to frame certain people.

NCB zonal director Sameer Wankhede has defended the investigation, stating that due procedure was followed and the probe isn’t a witch hunt against prominent celebrities.

Support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism:

Support us

Download InsideNE App

Follow us on Facebook

Leave A Reply