Staying home is not easy for most of us. Netflix has been keeping us entertained while we’ve been staying at home, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic.
There are times when we all decide to Netflix and chill but end up getting confused on what to watch. We are here to your rescue.
Here is an ultimate list of Netflix movies curated by us:
- Forrest Gump- The story of Forrest, a man with low IQ, recounts the early years of his life when he found himself in the middle of key historical events. All he wants now is to be reunited with his childhood sweetheart, Jenny.
This film is “like a box of chocolates . You never know what you’re going to get” as it serves up an abundance of surprising treats, sometimes sweet and sometimes bitter.
- Underworld: Blood Wars– This film being a part of the top 10 movies on Netflix India list came as a bit of a surprise to us. But considering that our country loves all things supernatural, it kind of makes sense. It follows the life of a woman called Selene who wants to find a way to end the conflict between the Lycan clan and the Vampire faction. But in this process, her own life is on the line. You should watch this movie to know why people are watching it in the first place.
- Five Feet Apart- Five Feet Apart is both beautiful and hopeful, problematic and tragic—especially for younger viewers.
The movie Five Feet Apart is really great to the extent that it will make tears roll on your cheeks for several times.
The life’s lesson that this movie teaches is to live with ardent hope and faith. It is life’s reality that we all die, but we should not see it as an end for us not to do whatever we want to achieve in life.
Love sometimes isn’t really about holding on but also letting go.
- Yeh Jawaani hai Deewani- A must watch romantic genre movie is Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. It’s a great treat for fun loving, cheerful youth to enjoy an unconditional friendship as well as love and also how they drive their life towards their dream.
‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ captures this young and restless generation, their idea of romance, their friendships, their dilemmas perfectly well. The honesty with which it is made is what makes it so heart-warming that it is impossible not to find yourself in one of those 4 characters in the film. Acting quality is at its best. There are some motivational dialogues.
- Pink- The film starring Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu and Angad Bedi is a compelling film that forces you to think. A powerful script and backing performances lift this film into the must-watch category!
The story clearly gives a social message to society. And the problems faced by every girl in the society. By the face of Amitabh Bachchan (a lawyer) director portrays a view that how women are illtreated and wrongly understood. He also explained how the parents of a boy should grow him. Dressing or living independently or being friendly with men cannot judge the character of a girl. Every girl has her own choice and others have no right to judge her or molest her.
What makes the movie so good is the fact that it’s a reflection of each and every individual in our Indian Society. The movie is so related, that everyone sitting in the audience can associate themselves with at least one of the characters of the movie.
- Andhadhun- Open to various interpretations and unpredictable from beginning to end, Andhadhun is an interesting thriller movie that keeps you on your toes throughout.
This sharp thriller is all-things-you-expect from a thriller. An exciting plot laced with unpredictability and dark humour with toppings of oh-my-goodness twists. The music adds to the experience and the touch of contemporary cinema is just perfect. The team of Mr. Sriram must take a bow for their excellent writing and awesome direction.
- To All the boys I’ve Loved before- Fans of teen romance will find much to like here, including an engaging performance by Lana Condor as Lara Jean and messages about self-confidence, honesty, and family unity. The story represents a teenage girl surrounded by fantasies who’s scared to have real things. Jenny han wrote this story fantastically. The Main characters Lara jean covey and Peter kavinsky were absolutely fantastic. This story is so simple at the same time so real.
It also has a second part released in 2020. This second part is a must-watch too.
- Feel the Beat- The movie is predictable-but-sweet story of the value of self-worth, the need for selflessness and the beauty of family.
We’ve seen Sofia Carson in descendants before, and definitely does the job in the lead role.
And the acting overall is actually very good, the child actors as well, the dancing was quirky and fun. The story has lots of subtext and hidden messages, or some out in the open, throughout the film.
Definitely a simple fun family film, younger kids will love it, and parents will be able to bare it.
- Always be my Maybe- Netflix’s politically correct romantic comedy has its own unique identity, savouring aspects of Asian-American culture and treating both protagonists as equal partners.
The movie did an amazing job of depicting Asians in an American upbringing(voiding the usual nerdy stereotype tropes), all the while retaining the nuanced cultural aspects of growing up in an Asian family household. Optimistic that its’ great step in the right direction to providing more Asian representation to Hollywood.
- The Irishman- It is a story of a truck driver Frank Sheeran gets involved with Russell Bufalino and his Pennsylvania crime family. As Sheeran climbs the ranks to become a top hit man, he also goes to work for Jimmy Hoffa — a powerful Teamster tied to organized crime.
The Irishman is one of the finest films of the decade, one of the finest films of Martin Scorsese, one of the finest films ever made. There is so much to say about this film but no words could ever capture the brilliance of this film. We all can appreciate the final hour of the film much more which communicates the futility and bleakness of the inevitable fate that is knocking right at the door of these men.
11. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – As Steve Rogers adapts to the complexities of a contemporary world, he joins Natasha Romanoff and Sam Wilson in his mission to uncover the secret behind a deadly, mysterious assassin.
- Qismat- Shivjit Singh Gill (played by Ammy Virk) moves to Chandigarh for further studies and falls in love with Bani (played by Sargun Mehta), the girl who stays next door. However, things change after Shivjit’s family fix his marriage with another woman.
Qismat is a Punjabi movie which had all elements in complete balance:- comedy, love, emotion, music, attraction. Each and every minute of movie is worth watching and u can’t leave it for a single minute because the movie story is so fantastically designed that it had attracted audience to screen all time
Each and every character of movie did its best. Movie had revolutionised the minds of audience and surely had great impact on minds for several hrs even the movie was over. It made audience laughed a lot, mesmerized with music and end of all eyes filled with tear. A movie worth to watch to see how love is immortal. Just turn on subtitles and enjoy this amazing movie.
13. Lagaan- The 2001 released movie was India’s official entry to the Oscars. It is a ground breaking movie, something which cannot be reproduced or directed even if one tries the same way a 100 times. Bhuvan has to beat the British masters in their own game or pay 3 times the taxes, which they pay every year.
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible.
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.