DIMAPUR: Three persons who were seriously injured on February 20 and rushed to the nearby Satoi Primary Health Centre (PHC) Satoi in Satakha sub-division of Zunheboto district of Nagaland after their vehicle met with an accident were deprived of basic health care facilities at the centre as none of the healthcare workers including the doctor or nurses were present.
The health care centre, has failed so far in providing the wok dine medicine to stop constant bleeding nor a single dose of tetanus toxoid injection was made available to avail first aid to the injured patients.
The injured patients were later taken to Zunheboto after not getting any were available facilities at Satoi.
Over this, the Ikiye-Itovi Youth Front has demanded the state government to look into the pathetic condition of the healthcare centre.
The youth body also said that only one lady, “a proxy in charge” was stationed at the PHC.
The youth body appealed to the directorate of health and family welfare and the chief medical officer, Zunheboto to initiate stern action against all the erring healthcare workers.
It also demanded that necessary arrangements be made at the PHC for the provision of medical staff and medical requirements.
It also urged the concerned authorities to carry out a physical inspection of PHC Satoi within 24 hours.
It further said that it will leave no stone unturned in case of failure to comply with the demands and will take legal action against the concerned department.
Support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism: