Why hover over the stove when grilling offers the perfect opportunity to play with fire. Take your cooking outdoors to fire up a bounty of proteins that have sizzling flavor and the nutritive chops needed to keep you lean. And what’s better suited to the grill than fish fillets, especially salmon? Salmon’s natural fat content helps prevent it from drying out in the high heat of a grill. The firm texture of salmon fillets prevents them from falling apart as they cook. As a nutritional bonus, salmon provides a boatload of the ultra-healthy omega-3 fats eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids, shown to help improve physique gains and shore up heart health.
Reel It In!
Fish is the perfect diet food because it’s high in protein and because it provides heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids as well as disease-fighting vitamin D and selenium, and salmon is among the fish and seafood that’s lowest in mercury (others include pollock, tilapia, and shrimp).
Recipe for Grilled fish-
2 boneless fish fillet
1 tbsp roasted gram flour besan
2 tbsp yogurt/curd
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp red paprika powder
Salt (as per taste)
Juice of 1 lemon
- Clean and wash and cut the fish into square bite-size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine fish pieces with besan, yogurt, spices, and salt.
- Combine nicely so that all the pieces are coated well with the marinade.
- Let it rest in the marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat your barbecue or charcoal grill or grill pan.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning while grilling.
- Pat dry the skewers and grease nicely with oil.
- Thread marinated fish pieces into oiled skewers and make sure not to leave any space between each piece while threading.
- Grill the skewered fish in the barbecue/charcoal/oven or in the grill pan.
- Cook till fish pieces are cooked and turn golden from outside.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve hot!
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible.
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.