Subscribe
We deliver the northeast

UPSC aspirants who missed last attempt in 2020 will not get another chance: SC

NEW DELHI: No more chance will be given to the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) candidates who exhausted their last attempt in October 2020, says Supreme Court on Wednesday gave its verdict on UPSC candidate’s plea and dismissed the petition that sought a second shot at the civil service examination due to the Covid-19 pandemic and age bar.

“Dismissed” was the only word said in the three-judge Bench of Justices AM Khanwilkar, Indu Malhotra, and Ajay Rastogi, and did not read the judgment further.

When the complete copy of the judgment is made available, specific reasons for the dismissal would be known.

The petitioners, who had made their last attempt in the 2020 civil service examination, had requested an additional chance citing the problems created by the COVID-19 pandemic and the national lockdown.

ALSO READ: WhatsApp could stop working for you on May 15; Find out why

The petitioners argued that their preparations were affected by the COVID-19 and so sought an extra chance. They also wanted to give age-barred candidates another chance.

The central government had agreed earlier this month to another shot at the examination for those whose last attempt was in 2020, but not the one-time relaxation of the age limit demanded by the petition.

The UPSC Civil Services Prelims exam was scheduled to take place on 31 May last year but eventually took place on October 4, 2020, after the UPSC told the SC that it was no longer possible to postpone the exams.

The notification for the UPSC IAS exam will be out soon and it will be available on the official site of UPSC – upsc.gov.in.

Support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism:

Support us

Download InsideNE App

Follow us on Facebook

 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.