In Chirang District (Assam), based of a specific input, a search operation was conducted by Chirang District Police led by Additional Superintendent of Police (HQ), Chirang, CI Runikhata & IC Shantipur PP from 07.40 AM onwards today, on 18.08.2020 at Khagrabari village under Runikhata PS.
During the operation, the following items have been recovered which were found kept concealed inside the ground and accordingly seized. :-
- One Factory made (HK series) rifle along with one magazine,
- One AK Series rifle with two magazines
- One Uzi type factory made firearm having two magazines
- Two factory made pistols with magazines
- Chinese Hand Grenades- 2 nos
- Live ammunition:
AK Series- 93 nos
5.56 – 25 nos
And other incriminating materials.
This refers to Shantipur PP GDE no.-297 , dtd. – 18.08.2020. Follow up legal action will be taken.
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible.
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.